What this policy covers
RAMP Global, a trading name of TheJobPost Limited (“We”, “Us”, “TheJobPost”, “RAMP Global”) registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 06723374 and having its registered office address at Fleet House, 8-12 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6AL which is also our main trading address is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) relates to services provided through our website and application (“Services”) and sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you (“Customers”, “Employers”, “Recruiters”), or that you provide to Us will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
- To keep your data safe and private
- Not to sell your data
- To give you an easy way to exercise your subject access rights
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined below, please do not register at RAMP Global or submit any personal data to us.
Phone number: 0207 822 1816
Fleet House, 8-12 New Bridge Street,
London, EC4V 6AL
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to hear and attempt to rectify your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
For the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and the Data Protection Act 1998 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”):
- in respect of the personal data of users of the Website and the Services and business contacts and prospects of RAMP Global, the Data Controller is RAMP Global;
- In respect of the personal data of candidates who are submitted, RAMP Global shall process information as a data processor in accordance with all Data Protection Laws on behalf of its customers to assist with their recruitment process.
What information will we collect?
We collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with us (Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data and Profile Data).
- Information that relates to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our products and services (Transaction Data).
- Information about your device and your visits to, and use of this website. This includes: your location; IP address; browser; operating system; referral source; length of visit; individual page views; site navigation (Usage Data).
- Information that you provide when subscribing to our email notifications/newsletters (Marketing and Communications Data).
- Any additional information that you knowingly and freely send to us e.g. surveys for research purposes
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to Us and why we are collecting this information.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How will we use information collected from other sources?
From time to time we also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- names and contact details of Customer personnel who will be added as account members for the Customer’s account, and can be added by existing account members;
- names and contact details of an Employer’s Recruiters referred to us by our customers, can be added by existing account members
- names and contact details of individual contacts at prospective Customers from third party data providers and/or public sources, such as social networks, company websites and other online sources.
How will we use it?
We rely on legitimate interests in performing our contract with our Customer as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. The personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our Services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to assess data about Recruiters against vacancies posted by Employers which we judge may be suitable for you;
- Where you are a prospective or current Customer, to provide you with information about our Services for marketing purposes.
- to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website when you log on to make enrich your personal online experience)
- to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, finance and accounting suppliers, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, CRM / Marketing platforms and outsourcing partners.
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
Disclosure of Information
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
How do I find out what information you hold? Can I amend, modify or require my information to be deleted?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important subject access rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact Us using our Contact details provided above
- provide Us with enough information to identify you. Where you are a user of our Services you should email us from the email address that you used to register with RAMP Global. Receipt of an email from this address will usually be sufficient to confirm your identity. In all other cases we may request one or more identification documents, such as a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill; and
- let Us know the information to which your request relates.
Can I unsubscribe from your services?
You may request to unsubscribe or manage your subscription preferences from RAMP Global and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please use our contact form
How long will you hold my information for?
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it to provide our Services to you and fulfil the purposes described in this Policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your personal information with and who carries out services on our behalf.
Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving. When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is minimised, maintained, and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Security and Safeguards
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way, for the duration of your use of our Services. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorised access.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
When you use our Services, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your computer, such as your IP address or other device identifier, the type of device you use, and operating system version. The information we collect also include usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Platform. That information includes the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data (if you have enabled access to your location on your mobile device), and other information about how you used the Platform.
A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server’s site.
Preferences and Features
Analytics and Performance
Links to other websites